City Project: London with Jez Coulson
Part of World Photo London
Tickets are no longer available online but there will be a few on the door at Somerset House
“Economics of the Streets”
For Beginner and Intermediate Photographers
Jez Coulson’s brief:
"The Economics of the Street"......... the market stalls and the burger wagons......... the traders and their customers........ the stands and the goods............ the deals and the money........ the grind of setting up early and going home late.......... the T-shirts and the CDs...... the antiques and the combat jackets....... the covered and the open ......... the upscale and the down beat........ trading in all weather.......... " Come on now ladies any three you like for a fiver. " .......... " All the bargains from the sweet man! "........ the people and their shopping ......... the old man selling his shoes ......... the grit of basic commerce ............. the life of the city.................. "The Economics of the Street ".
- Friday 27th April, Introductory Seminar: 17:30 - 20:30.
- Saturday 28th April, Independent Shooting: All day on location.
- Sunday 29th April, Editing & Critique: 09:00 - 18:30.
We are pleased to announce an exciting additional extra to the London City Project; a 4th day at theprintspace, where you will gain in depth knowledge on preparing an image for print and you will walk away with a print of your own work!
You also get!
- The chosen best image from each participant will be printed and exhibited at Somerset House as part of the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition!
- As part of this workshop, you will also be upgraded, for free, to Premium Membership on the WPO website!
The first 20 people to sign up to a City Project will be able to attend one of the following sessions at theprintspace to learn about print production. So be quick and purchase your ticket today to take part in this exclusive opportunity!
- Mon 30th April, 4 - 6:30pm
- Tues 1st May, 4 - 6:30pm
- Weds 2nd May, 4 - 6:30pm
- Thurs 3rd May, 4 - 6:30pm
Content of the group sessions at Printspace
- The different printing methods: Digital C-type and Giclee prints.
- Look through the different paper surfaces and prints.
- Go though the different mounting substrates. See how they affect the way work is displayed
- See how retouching is used in the industry today. Look at examples of before and after.
- Walk around the lab and see the different printers.
- Talk on colour management and using print profiles in the correct way.
- Produce a free 16x12" C-type Matt print to take away.
Jez Coulson, photojournalist and reportage artist, will lead this workshop, exploring the dynamics of reportage photography on the streets of London. At the flower markets of Colombia Rd and the antique markets of Portobello Road but also at the grittier street markets of The Elephant and Brick Lane. "The Economics of the Street" will seek to explore the life of the City through the commerce conducted out on its streets.
Time and Date of this Event
- 27th Apr 2012 at 17:30
- 29th Apr 2012 at 21:00
Members Attending this Event