The World Photography Organisation is a global platform for photography initiatives. Working across up to 222 countries and regions worldwide, our aim is to raise the level of conversation around photography by celebrating the best imagery and photographers on the planet. We pride ourselves on building lasting relationships with both individual photographers as well as our industry-leading partners around the world.
The World Photography Organisation hosts a year-round portfolio of events including the Sony World Photography Awards, the world's leading photography competition, and PHOTOFAIRS, international art fairs dedicated to photography with destinations in Shanghai and San Francisco.
Any current positions will appear below
Salary: £26,000 - 30,000
Brand Portfolio: All World Photography Organisation activities
Reports To: PR Director
Works with: PR Director / PR Manager
Office Location: London (Mon & Fri WFH)
The World Photography Organisation is a leading global platform dedicated to the development and advancement of photographic culture. Our programming and competition initiatives provide valuable opportunities for artists working in photography and help broaden the conversation around their work. Through our fairs we play a key role in driving the growth of the contemporary art market for photo-based art and deepening audience engagement with the medium.
The World Photography Organisation’s portfolio includes: the Sony World Photography Awards, one of the world’s biggest photography competitions, PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai the leading fair in Asia Pacific dedicated to photo-based and digital artworks and Photo London the international fair held annually at Somerset House, London.
This year we’re launching an exciting new awards programme celebrating short film makers. The PR Executive role is an opportunity for a driven individual to join the organisation at a pivotal moment and take part in developing its remit and programming strands. You will work closely with the PR Director and PR Manager as well as with external agencies to deliver ambitious international campaigns and assist with the day-to-day admin running of the press office.
The role requires a team player who is organised in their approach, possesses a solid understanding of the entertainment and culture media landscape and has a proven track record of securing coverage. The ideal candidate would have experience working on film campaigns and awards programmes as well as an interest in the visual arts.
Energy and enthusiasm, along with an ability to self-manage, is vital as the role is incredibly varied and the company is fast-paced and ambitious.
The job holder will work with the PR Director and help manage the film awards campaign and appointed PR agency, support the PR Manager in delivering in-house media campaigns for the organisation’s key projects and assist with day-to-day admin tasks.
• Support the PR Director and PR Manager in developing media relations strategies for the company’s major programmes and wider Group activities.
• Assist the team in placing coverage in print, broadcast and online media both in the UK and internationally.
• Assist with multiple campaigns with different timelines and priorities, meeting deadlines and delivering results effectively.
• Liaise with external PR agencies, partners and talent and manage communications over different time zones.
• Take part and contribute to brainstorm meetings for campaigns, compile target lists and undertake relevant research as required.
• Research/draft press releases, feature ideas and other press materials.
• Take an active interest in and maintain good knowledge of the film awards industry and visual arts.
• Develop and maintain good working relations with the media.
• Coordinate with colleagues in the Marketing team to ensure alignment across all media. • Assist with the day-to-day running of the press office and monitor the Press inbox. • Manage the online press centre and maintain the press database.
• Research relevant contacts for and develop film awards media database. • Collate and organise project info, artist images and videos.
• Create pitch documents and press mailers.
• Undergo training to use the in-house media monitoring and evaluating software.
• Monitor media coverage and prepare evaluation reports.
• Organise and assist with press events such as press view days and private views, and compilation of media packs.
• Undertake international travel as and if required.
BEHAVIOURS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent communication skills.
• Minimum 2/3 years PR experience, specifically within entertainment and culture/visual arts. • Proven track record of placing media coverage and delivering media campaigns. • Strong writing and editing skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Well organised and proactive.
• Positive attitude towards your work, colleagues and external partners.
• Delivers strong media coverage.
• Secure good relationships with key media / journalists.
• Develop contacts and database for film awards programme.
• The role is based in the company’s London office – 9 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PL. • We operate a hybrid model with Tue – Thu based in the office and Mon & Fri WFH. • Normal working hours are Mon - Fri, 9am-5pm.
• You will report directly to the PR Director.
• Out of hours work at events and international travel will be required.
Position Title: VIP Manager
Brand Portfolio: PHOTOFAIRS
Reports To: Fair Director
Works with: Fair Director / VIP Director / AMA VIP Manager
Direct Reports: n/a
Office Location: Shanghai
PHOTOFAIRS, Asia’s leading international art fair dedicated to photography and new media is searching for a Marketing Manager. Since its launch in 2014, PHOTOFAIRS has cemented its position as a high-curated and bespoke platform that connects galleries, collectors, and curators from across the Asia Pacific region.
PHOTOFAIRS is part of the World Photography Organisation, who also run the Sony World Photography Awards and is a part of the Angus Montgomery Arts Group, the leading art fair organisers in Asia-Pacific.
Based out of the Shanghai office, the role is to plan, strategize and implement the VIP campaign and VIP programme for the event. You would build relationships with major and potential collectors and institutions around China with a view to attend the Fairs and to leverage networks where possible.
To be successful in this role, you would have good connections in China and a good knowledge of key players and the dynamics. Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese and highly developed interpersonal skills are essential. You will be a self-starting, personable, energetic, autonomous and results orientated individual.
Working with the VIP Director, Fair Director and CEO to develop a VIP strategy for the Fair
Develop relationships and networks to build VIP attendance to the Fair
Working with the VIP Director and Fair Director to create a VIP programme to drive audience attendance to increase sales on behalf of our exhibitors
Working with participating galleries to reach VIP targets
Attending gallery and institution events to increase network
Overseeing the preparation of VIP materials
Managing effective distribution of VIP materials, both print and online
Developing and maintaining systems and processes that allow the team to carry out and report on work progress and success, including VIP attendance
Managing VIP data
Organising VIP events including dinners and parties
Managing communications with VIP through newsletters
Working with vendor to develop VIP invitation system
BEHAVIOURS AND KNOWLEDGE
Excellent communication skills and network
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Knowledge of the art world would be advantageous
Excellent business etiquette
Creates & Delivers a strong VIP campaign
Number of VIP attendees to Fair