The World Photography Organisation and the Creativehub are pleased to launch The Swap Project, a free online project to give the global photography community the opportunity to swap a print with each other.
The Swap Project runs from January 21 to March 3, 2019, - 13.00 GMT - and gives photographers the opportunity to expand their print collection.
Up to 10 of the most swapped images will be displayed in a free exhibition at Somerset House, from April 18 to May 6, 2019.
The winners will be announced March 12, 2019.
To enter The Swap Project, artists simply need to sign up to creativehub’s Print Club, a platform for swapping prints, allowing users to build personal art collections whilst networking with other artists. Users simply enter an image into Print Club, browse the feed and, when they see an artwork they like, hit ‘swap request’ and await a response. The Print Club is curated by the artists taking part, meaning the feed is organised to push the images with the most swap requests to the top!
The 10 most swap-requested images from the ‘World Photography Organisation’ category on Print Club will be selected as winners and shown in London: a true photographers choice exhibition!
For your chance at being exhibited, enter your best work today and get swapping it with your fellow photographers!
How to Enter
Follow the steps:
- Create your free account. Already have an account? Simply login
- Upload the image(s) you’d like to offer for swap/enter into the Swap Project
- Click ‘share’ and you are ready to enter the ‘Print Club’
- Head to the Print Club feed and browse the World Photography Organisation category
- The more requests you get the more likely you’ll feature in the show!
- For detailed instructions please check here.
To see full details on Print Club check here
Terms & Conditions
1.1 By entering the Swap Project You hereby accept these Swap Project Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
1.2.1 The Swap Project is free to enter.
1.2.2 The Swap Project is open to all members of the public.
1.3 Entries must be submitted by March 3 2019, 13:00 GMT.
2.1 Images can be taken at any point in time.
2.2 Images should be no smaller than 1MB.
2. 3 Images should be added to the World Photography Organisation category at the Print Club feed
3.1 Entries will be judged between March 4, 2019, and March 11, 2019.
3.2 Up to 10 of the most swapped images will go on display in London during the 2019 Sony World Photography Awards exhibition at Somerset House, from April 18 to May 6, 2019.
3.3 The decision of the World Photography Organisation and the creativehub is final and no negotiation will be entered into with respect to any such decision.
3.4 Each Entrant can submit unlimited images for free.
4.1 the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the Website. You warrant and represent, in respect of each entry submitted by You (“Entry”), as follows:
4.1.1 You are the sole owner and author of each Entry
4.1.2 You have the right to make Your Entry available to the Swap Project
4.1.3 Each Entry does not contain personally identifiable information about You or any other person(s)
4.1.4 Each Entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libellous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
4.1.5 Each Entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
4.1.6 Each Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity including:
188.8.131.52 trademarks owned by third parties
184.108.40.206 copyrighted materials owned by third parties (including movie dialogue or musical compositions)
220.127.116.11 names, likenesses, voices or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures, living or dead
4.1.7 Entries which contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service other than that of the creativehub.
4.1.8 Entries containing screen credits
4.1.9 No animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of the image
4.2 You agree to fully indemnify the creativehub in respect of all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of Your breaching any of the foregoing.
4.3 You confirm that each person depicted in the Entry has granted permission to be portrayed as shown. Any costumes, props or other materials used must be rented or borrowed with the permission of the owner, and all other relevant permissions must have been obtained.
5.1 If you are under 16, you have Your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to participate in the Swap Project.
5.2 If the creativehub does not receive a valid signed parental or legal guardian consent form for any winner under the age of 16 within 7 clear days of the Entrant being declared a winner (excluding the day on which such declaration is made by the creativehub ) the creativehub will be entitled to select an alternative winner from among the Entrants.
6.1 the creativehub recognises You, the author of the image, retain full ownership of the copyright in each Entry.
6.2 All Entrants understand that any image submitted to the Swap Project may be used by the World Photography Organisation, the creativehub, and its Event Partners, for marketing and promotional purposes of You the author and the event only, for a maximum of three years after the 2019 Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition. You hereby grant World Photography Organisation and the creativehub a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence in each Entry throughout the world for three years in all media for any use connected to the promotion of You the author and the Sony World Photography Awards events and/or Swap Project, including, but not limited too:
(a) judging the Swap Project
(b) displaying the winning and shortlisted entries at public exhibitions promoting and/or organised by the creativehub and/or the World Photography Organisation.
(c) inclusion within websites, magazines, digital platforms or similar
(d) inclusion within any materials promoting of the Swap Project and/or any exhibition organised by the creativehub, in the promotion of the creativehub
(e) inclusion on Swap Project- and exhibition-related products to be sold by the creativehub or any third party following the individual agreement by the author
(f) sub-licensing the Entries to the press for reproduction in connection with the Swap Project and any exhibition
(g) allowing viewers of the websites to view images on a computer screen, PDA or mobile telephone and store such pages in electronic form on disk or on a PDA or mobile telephone (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) for their personal, non-commercial use only. Please also refer to clause 9.
(h) incorporation by the creativehub and World Photography Organisation event Partners on Event Partner devices for a period of three (3) years after the applicable Award Ceremony date.
7.3 All Entrants understand that the image information, including image name and description, may be shared with Event partners and media as per clause 7.1, 7.2 and 8. For the avoidance of doubt the “image information” does not include any personal information of You the author.
8. Any photograph used by the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation shall carry a credit line. Any failure to provide such credit line shall not be deemed to be a breach, as long as the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation use its reasonable endeavours to rectify such failure within a reasonable period from the date of the notice of such failure.
9. the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation assume no responsibility for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Swap Project, and the creativehub, the World Photography Organisation assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software failure of any kind, for lost network connections, garbled computer transmissions, other problems or technical malfunctions with regard to the Swap Project. the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation assume no responsibility for any error, omission, corruption, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail addressed to the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Swap Project. If for any reason a contestant’s entry cannot be viewed or is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation assume no responsibility.
10. In no event will the creativehub and the World Photography Organisation, their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, Event Partners,their advertising or promotion agencies, or their officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any Entrant’s access to and use of the Websites. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the Website is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
11. You agree to participate in related publicity and to the use of Your name and likeness for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
12. All Entrants must be able to supply a high-resolution image suitable for printing in media and an exhibition should the image be required.
13. Winners will be announced online on March 03, /2019.
World Photography Awards Limited, 9 Manchester Square, London.
PRINTSPACE STUDIOS LIMITED, 74 Kingsland Road, London, E2 8DL