We’re launching an Instagram contest to celebrate your amazing entries to the Sony World Photography Awards 2022 Professional competition.
We’re giving away a Sony RX100 III Advanced camera with a 1.0 type sensor worth £500.
Combining 20.1MP (effective) image quality, a built-in electronic viewfinder (EVF), brighter and wider ZEISS lens, and compact size, the fixed-lens RX100 III is crafted for serious photographers on the go. Its unique combination of features also makes it an ideal choice for pros looking for a second camera to complement their interchangeable lens model.
BEFORE YOU ENTER!
Here are a few points to keep in mind before you take part...
- You don’t have to be a fully-fledged professional photographer to take part, all you need is a photo series or five to 10 single images (when entering the Portfolio category).
- You can only enter the Professional or Open competition. You cannot participate in both competitions.
- If you’ve entered the Professional competition you can still participate in the Instagram contest either by:
- Entering another category (you can enter all 10 categories, just make sure you submit different series!
- Missing out steps one and three if you have no more series to enter. Don’t forget! If you don’t have any more series, enter five to 10 single images to the Portfolio category.
HOW TO ENTER
If you’ve already entered the Professional competition go straight to step four.
**Please note! You must create new posts on your Instagram feed, if you insert the relevant hashtags in old posts your entry will not be recognised.**
1. Follow @worldphotoorg on Instagram
2. Register or login to the Sony World Photography Awards competition website (see bio link).
3. Go to the Sony World Photography Awards Professional competition page (SEE BIO LINK!) and submit your best images before 3rd December 2021.
4. Upload your entered image(s) to your own Instagram account and include the hashtags #swpapro2022 and #swpa in your post(s)
Instagram contest closes on 3 December 2021 at 13:00 (GMT)
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoters of the Sony World Photography Awards 2022 Professional Instagram competition ("Contest") is The World Photography Organisation, 9 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PL. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is hereby completely released of all liability by each participant in this Contest.
2. The Contest is open to individuals aged over 18 who have a personal Instagram account. Employees of the World Photography Organisation and their family members are not eligible to enter.
3. The Contest will start on 23rd November at 13:00 (GMT) and will end on 3 December at 13:00 (GMT). ("Contest Period")
4. To enter the Contest you must complete the following steps:
Follow the World Photography Organisation Instagram account
Register or login to the Sony World Photography Awards competition website on https://users.worldphoto.org/user
Go to the Sony World Photography Awards Professional competition page and submit your best images before 3 December 2021.
Upload the images you submitted to the Sony World Photography Awards Professional competition to your personal Instagram account and include the TWO hashtags #swpapro2022 #swpa
5. Your Instagram account must be set to public in order to participate in the competition. Once posted, your photo must remain on your Instagram account until the end of the Contest Period (3rd December), otherwise your entry may not be acknowledged.
6. By submitting photos in accordance with section 4 above and entering the Contest, participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by the Contest rules and these terms and conditions.
7. Entrants can submit five to 10 images to participate, but each photo must be unique and comply with these terms and conditions.
9. The World Photography Organisation will review all eligible entries submitted to the Contest during the Contest Period and the photos will be judged, for their power to communicate a visual narrative with excellent technical and creative skills. A shortlist of entries will be selected by the World Photography Organisation on the basis of the preceding criteria. The winner will be chosen by the World Photography Organisation.
10. The participant whose image has been selected as the winning entry will be contacted by email and the winner will be announced on the World Photography Organisation website and social media after 27th January 2022. The World Photography Organisation will then follow up with the potential winner via email with instructions on how to claim the prize. If the potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within two weeks) the participant will not be eligible to receive the prize and an alternative winner from the shortlist will be selected. A maximum of three (3) alternate winners will be contacted.
11. No cash or credit alternative is available. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable. Should the prize become unavailable for any reason, the World Photography Organisation reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of equivalent value.
12. The winner shall be fully and solely responsible for any individual tax liability relating to receipt of the prize(s) and, by accepting their prize, winners agree to release the World Photography Organisation from any such liability.
13. See Professional competition rules for copyright and image usage.
14. By entering photos into the Contest, the participant warrants that: (1) the photos comply fully with the contest rules and these terms and conditions; (2) the photos do not infringe the rights of any third party (including the right of publicity, privacy or any other equivalent rights of a person) and that permission has been obtained to use the image of any person included in any of the submitted photos. The participant acknowledges that the submission of images from third party sources (including, for example, other websites or blogs) is prohibited and use of such photos without permission may constitute infringement of copyright.
15. Entries may be excluded or prizes rescinded if the World Photography Organisation reasonably determines that there has been an infringement of the entry requirements, these terms and conditions or public order and morality.
16. Failure by the World Photography Organisation to enforce any of these rules or terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
17. Unless local law in the participant’s country of residence provides otherwise, the Contest, including the entry requirements and these terms and conditions are governed by English law any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. All of the rules for the Professional competition apply to this contest, the Sony World Photography Awards 2022 Professional Instagram competition. Submitted photos must have been taken in 2021. See rules for entering Professional competition.
19. Prize winners may receive digital imaging equipment as part of their prize and in such cases equipment may be sent to them. In some countries income tax may be applicable to prizes. It is the winner’s responsibility to pay any income taxes related to the prize in compliance with their own country’s law. In such cases the Winner agrees to indemnify and keep the World Photography Organisation, its parents, affiliates or partners indemnified against any tax liability, charges, fines, penalties or interest or any other liability incurred by the winner which liability arose as a result of prizes provided to the Winner