How to Submit
World Photography Organisation (WPO) in association with Sony Pictures Television (SPT) and the United Nations Foundation (UNF), is calling all filmmakers, video content creators, and change-makers to raise awareness and inspire action for people and the planet.
By focusing on eight of the Sustainable Development goals (see below) Picture This champions a positive future for people and the planet.
Calling all content creators!
Your brief: The Time to Act is Now!
Your challenge: produce an inspirational video that urges viewers to take action on one or more of the issues highlighted in the eight chosen Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Submissions can be varied in technique, subject matter, and approach but most importantly they must be impossible to ignore. We’re looking for targeted and impactful short videos in the style of an advertisement running at either 30 or 60 seconds long.
We’re asking you to create a call-to-action video that promotes a positive future for people and the planet.
Before you submit please make sure:
- You register or login here
- You have a description for your submission (please add this to the ‘series description’ field)
- You download the assets pack and add the UN.org/Actnow slide to the end of your submission
- You have a link to your video, for example, it can be a Vimeo or YouTube URL, make sure it’s 1080 pixels ProRes HQ MOV*
- Your have a selection (1 to 5) thumbnails jpegs that illustrate your project.** Images used need to be:
- JPG format
- Quality 10 or above
- Between 1 to 5MB each
- Set to sRGB colour mode
*You do not need to upload an MP4 file
**Please note, you'll need to fill in technical details about the images. If your images are screenshots from your video, please mark these fields as N/A or OTHER.
- Videos can be shot on any kind of device or camera
- Make sure your video is exactly 30 or 60 seconds long
- For the high res for Finalists/winners they will need to submit the below so we can translate and prep for distribution:
- A high resolution version with a minimum resolution of 1080 pixels ProRes HQ MOV and a minimum of 29.97 frames per second
- Your audio mix and stems as separate files
- Separated graphics
- Enter before the deadline XXXX
- One submission per person
- Make sure you don’t add a watermark
- You must retain full copyright of the footage
- Your film must have been created in 2021 or 2022
- Please note video may be edited
Make sure you download the 2022 Picture This assets pack before you submit your video. While you're here why not check videos from the United National ActNow campaign.
ActNow is the United Nations campaign for individual action on climate change and sustainability. By downloading the app you can log your actions and contribute to the global count. More information can be found at un.org/Actnow
Quote from Vinamra Panchariam, India, 2018 winner
Text about Vinamra Panchariam's success story