There's just one month left to enter the 2020 Sony World Photography Awards Open competition and to celebrate we've partnered with Agora Hospitalities to give you the chance of winning an inspirational trip to Japan! One lucky entrant to the Open competition will enjoy a return economy flight plus eight nights in a selection of Agora hotels - full prize details and terms and conditions are below.
You've got until January 7, 2020 to take part. The winning and shortlisted photographers will be announced on our website and social media channels on January 24, 2020. If you've already entered the 2020 Open competition, just follow steps 3 and 4 below.
HOW TO ENTER
2. Submit your best single images from 2019 to the Open competition before January 7, 2020*
3. Follow the World Photography Organisation Instagram account
4. Upload your entries to your personal Instagram account (make sure this is a new post and not an existing post). Include the hashtags #swpaopen2020 #swpa
PRIZE - WINNER
One return economy flight to Japan
Three-night stay at Agora Place Asakusa (Tokyo)
Three-night stay at Agora Place Namba (Osaka)
Two-night stay at Agora Kanazawa (Kanazawa)
PRIZE - SHORTLIST
One copy of the 2019 Sony World Photography Awards book
Agora Hospitalities celebrates the charm and beauty of Japan through its diverse collection of hotels located in key gateway cities, including Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Kanazawa and Kyoto. From hotels and resorts to traditional ryokans, each Agora hotel provides a unique cultural experience based on the surrounding locale. Agora Hospitality Group will be unveiling Agora Ginza, a new sophisticated offering in the heart of Tokyo's legendary (and most luxurious) fashion and shopping mecca, in summer 2020. To discover more visit agorahospitalities.com
*You can enter up to three images for free. If you would like to upload more images, you can purchase an image bundle.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
1. The promoters of the 2020 Sony World Photography Awards Open Instagram competition ("Contest") is The World Photography Organisation, 9 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PL. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is hereby completely released of all liability by each participant in this Contest.
2. The Contest is open to individuals aged over 18 who have a personal Instagram account. Employees of the World Photography Organisation and their family members are not eligible to enter.
3. The Contest will start on 10th December 2019 and will end at 13:00 (GMT) on 7th January 2020. ("Contest Period")
4. To enter the Contest you must complete the following steps:
4b. Submit your best single images from 2019 to the Open competition of the Sony World Photography Awards before January 7, 2020*
4d. Upload your entries submitted to the Sony World Photography Awards to your personal Instagram account and include the hashtags #swpaopen2020 #swpa
5. Your Instagram account must be set to public in order to participate in the competition. Once posted, your photo must remain on your Instagram account until the end of the Contest Period set out at section 3 above, otherwise your entry may not be acknowledged.
6. By submitting photos in accordance with section 4 above and entering the Contest, participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by the Open competition rules and terms and conditions.
7. There is no limit to the number of photos that you can upload to participate, but each photo must be unique and comply with the terms and conditions stated in section 6.
9. The World Photography Organisation will review all eligible entries submitted to the Contest during the Contest Period and the photos will be judged for their power to communicate a visual narrative with excellent technical and creative skills. A shortlist of 10 entries will be selected by the World Photography Organisation on the basis of the preceding criteria. The winner will be chosen from the shortlist by the World Photography Organisation.
10. The participant whose image has been selected as the winning entry will be contacted by email and the winner will be announced on the World Photography Organisation website and social media on January 24, 2020. Agora Hospitalities will then follow up with the potential winner via email with instructions on how to claim the prize. If the potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within two weeks (February 7, 2020), the participant will not be eligible to receive the prize and an alternate winner from the shortlist will be selected. A maximum of three (3) alternate winners will be contacted.
11. No cash or credit alternative is available. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable. Should the prize become unavailable for any reason, the World Photography Organisation reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of equivalent value.
12. The winner shall be fully and solely responsible for any individual tax liability relating to the receipt of the prize(s) and, by accepting their prize, winners agree to release the World Photography Organisation from any such liability.
14. By entering photos into the Contest, the participant warrants that: (1) the photos comply fully with the contest rules and these terms and conditions; (2) the photos do not infringe the rights of any third party (including the right of publicity, privacy or any other equivalent rights of a person) and that permission has been obtained to use the image of any person included in any of the submitted photos. The participant acknowledges that the submission of images from third party sources (including, for example, other websites or blogs) is prohibited and use of such photos without permission may constitute infringement of copyright.
15. Entries may be excluded or prizes rescinded if World Photography Organisation reasonably determines that there has been an infringement of the entry requirements, these terms and conditions or public order and morality.
16. Failure by the World Photography Organisation to enforce any of these rules or terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
17. Unless local law in the participant’s country of residence provides otherwise, the Contest, including the entry requirements and these terms and conditions are governed by English law any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
24. All of the rules for the Open competition apply to this contest, the 2020 Sony World Photography Awards Open Instagram competition. Submitted photos must have been taken in 2019. See rules for entering Open competition here.
25. Both the air ticket and accommodation prize sponsored by Agora Hospitalities are non-transferrable. Blackout dates may apply and such dates are subject to changes from time to time; please ensure you email the contact provided in your prize redemption letter at least 30 days before your preferred departure dates.