Between 17 and 20 March 2018, The Photography Show will welcome professional photographers and members of trade to the NEC Birmingham, to try and buy the latest cameras and accessories from hundreds of leading brands, get tips and advice on how to create (and edit) stills and film, watch live action demos, and be inspired by globally renowned image-makers.
Book your tickets here with £3 OFF using the code "WPOTPS18".*
Here are our recommendations for your visit:
- Head to the talk 'Entering photo competitions can change your life' with three successful photographers from the Sony World Photography Awards. Our panel will explore the benefits of putting your work out there. From student to enthusiast and top-level pros - find out what there is to gain and how best to go about it. Held at Behind the Lens, Hall 5 - 12:00-12:40pm.
- Find everything you need to take your photography to the next level: Printers and paper; albums, framing and mounting services; clothing; bags; photography holidays and props, plus much more.
- This year's Super Stage line-up includes those at the very top of their game across fashion, documentary and photojournalism, music, weddings, wildlife and landscape, and surrealism. These globally renowned photographers will talk about their experiences, how they've got to where they are now and how they've captured their most iconic images. Book now to see Jasmine Star, Bruce Davidson, Daniel Berehulak, Ami Vitale, Erik Johansson, Brent Stirton, Zed Nelson, Gered Mankowitz, Miles Aldridge or Art Wolfe.**
- Try one of the in-depth learning Masterclasses. As a beginner, you can learn all of the basics including everything you need to know about lenses and how to design a photograph at the Beginners’ Masterclass. If you’re more advanced and you’re looking at the possibility of going pro, the Turning Pro Masterclass will give you all of the information you need to get started. The Beginners’ Masterclass will take place on Saturday, 17 and Sunday, 18 at 10:30 (sessions repeated) and the Turning Pro Masterclass will take place on The Beginners’ Masterclass will take place on Saturday, 17 and Sunday, 18 at 14:00 (sessions repeated).
- Learn new skills at the old favourites; Behind the Lens Theatre and the Live Stage. Discover the art of time-lapse and long exposure, how to set up light painting, how to become a landscape astrophotographer, and the difference between taking a selfie and a self-portrait. Then move on to immerse yourself in a creative catwalk, sports action photography, lighting masterclasses and live demos featuring exploding liquids and flour. Bring your camera and get involved...
- The Great Outdoors Stage, new for 2018 will cover photography and filmmaking, outdoors, including tips on how to capture wedding shots, get the best out of your kit bag in harsh environments and how to capture a pet portrait with a flourish of creativity. Or visit the Mobile & Social Stage, bigger this year, to learn how to use Instagram to share your story, take beautiful photos with a mobile and create watchable content on YouTube.
- Learn how the experts capture stunning video footage on the move with as little equipment as possible and get to grips with the fundamentals of starting out as a videographer (jargon buster included). Understand how audio fits in and how to make the transition from shooting stills to moving image. Plus find out about what flying technology’s out there and how a bit of drone photography can add a different dimension to your work.
*Code applies to adult entry only
**Please note that booking is required for Super Stage and Pro Conference sessions, at a small charge.