There's just under one month left until the 2022 Open competition closes and to celebrate we're launching an Instagram contest to give you an amazing prize!
Alongside the best images from this year’s Professional, Open, Student and Youth competitions. There is also an essay dedicated to this year’s Outstanding Contribution to Photography recipient Graciela Iturbide as well as special mentions to the Latin America Professional Award and Alpha Female Award winner. From stories of local importance to issues of global significance, compelling quiet moments that might otherwise go unnoticed to creative brilliance and playfulness, this year’s photos cover a vast range of subjects, disciplines and approaches.
To be in with a chance of winning a sold out limited edition printed copy of the 2021 Sony World Photography Awards book* enter by following the four simple steps below! If you've already entered the Open competition miss out steps two and three.
HOW TO ENTER
1. Follow @worldphotoorg on Instagram
2. Register or login to the Sony World Photography Awards competition website
3. Go to the Sony World Photography Awards Open competition page and submit your best images before 7th January 2022.
4. Upload your entered image(s) to your own Instagram account and include the hashtags #swpaopen2022 and #swpa in your post(s)
IT'S FREE TO ENTER!
Open competition (single images)
DEADLINE January 7, 2022, (13:00 GMT)
* These will not be reprinted or go on general sale again!
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoters of the Sony World Photography Awards 2022 Open Instagram competition ("Contest") is The World Photography Organisation, 9 Manchester Square, London, W1U 3PL. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Instagram is hereby completely released of all liability by each participant in this Contest.
2. The Contest is open to individuals aged over 18 who have a personal Instagram account. Employees of the World Photography Organisation and their family members are not eligible to enter.
3. The Contest will start on 23rd November at 13:00 (GMT) and will end on 3 December at 13:00 (GMT). ("Contest Period")
4. To enter the Contest you must complete the following steps:
Follow the World Photography Organisation Instagram account
Register or login to the Sony World Photography Awards competition website on https://users.worldphoto.org/user
Go to the Sony World Photography Awards Open competition page and submit your best images before 7 January 2022.
Upload the images you submitted to the Sony World Photography Awards Professional competition to your personal Instagram account and include the TWO hashtags #swpaopen2022 #swpa
5. Your Instagram account must be set to public in order to participate in the competition. Once posted, your photo must remain on your Instagram account until the end of the Contest Period (7 January ), otherwise your entry may not be acknowledged.
6. By submitting photos in accordance with section 4 above and entering the Contest, participants will be deemed to have accepted and to be bound by the Contest rules and these terms and conditions.
7. Entrants can submit up to three images to participate, but each photo must be unique and comply with these terms and conditions.
9. The World Photography Organisation will review all eligible entries submitted to the Contest during the Contest Period and the photos will be judged, for their power to communicate a visual narrative with excellent technical and creative skills. A shortlist of entries will be selected by the World Photography Organisation on the basis of the preceding criteria. The winner will be chosen by the World Photography Organisation.
10. The participant whose image has been selected as the winning entry will be contacted by email and the winner will be announced on the World Photography Organisation website and social media after 27th January 2022. The World Photography Organisation will then follow up with the potential winner via email with instructions on how to claim the prize. If the potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the email within two weeks) the participant will not be eligible to receive the prize and an alternative winner from the shortlist will be selected. A maximum of three (3) alternate winners will be contacted.
11. No cash or credit alternative is available. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable. Should the prize become unavailable for any reason, the World Photography Organisation reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of equivalent value.
12. The winner shall be fully and solely responsible for any individual tax liability relating to the receipt of the prize(s) and, by accepting their prize, winners agree to release the World Photography Organisation from any such liability.
13. See Open competition rules for copyright and image usage.
14. By entering photos into the Contest, the participant warrants that: (1) the photos comply fully with the contest rules and these terms and conditions; (2) the photos do not infringe the rights of any third party (including the right of publicity, privacy or any other equivalent rights of a person) and that permission has been obtained to use the image of any person included in any of the submitted photos. The participant acknowledges that the submission of images from third party sources (including, for example, other websites or blogs) is prohibited and use of such photos without permission may constitute infringement of copyright.
15. Entries may be excluded or prizes rescinded if the World Photography Organisation reasonably determines that there has been an infringement of the entry requirements, these terms and conditions or public order and morality.
16. Failure by the World Photography Organisation to enforce any of these rules or terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
17. Unless local law in the participant’s country of residence provides otherwise, the Contest, including the entry requirements and these terms and conditions are governed by English law any dispute will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. All of the rules for the Open competition apply to this contest, the Sony World Photography Awards 2022 Open Instagram competition. Submitted photos must have been taken in 2021. See rules for entering Open competition.
19. Prize winners may receive digital imaging equipment as part of their prize and in such cases equipment may be sent to them. In some countries income tax may be applicable to prizes. It is the winner’s responsibility to pay any income taxes related to the prize in compliance with their own country’s law. In such cases the Winner agrees to indemnify and keep the World Photography Organisation, its parents, affiliates or partners indemnified against any tax liability, charges, fines, penalties or interest or any other liability incurred by the winner which liability arose as a result of prizes provided to the Winner