The Alpha Female Award is focused on supporting and championing women photographers around the globe.
- Open to all female photographers entering the Open competition
- Rewards a shortlist of photographers
- First place receives Sony digital imaging equipment and inclusion in the Sony World Photography Awards exhibition and book
- Please see 'Rules' on the Open competition page for full image eligibility criteria
- Deadline is 5 January 2024 at 13.00 GMT
Set up to empower female photographic talent and promote their work to an international audience, the award aims to create a powerful platform and ensure the photographic industry is a space where both genders can excel.
The award stems from the Alpha Universe’s Alpha Female initiative by Sony US, which focuses on creating opportunities for professional photographers, videographers, and filmmakers to help foster a richer, more diverse creative community. Working with the World Photography Organisation, Sony US have expanded their programme to a global scale by recognising female photographers entering the Sony World Photography Awards Open competition.
|Receive Sony digital imaging equipment||x|
|Global press exposure||x||x|
|Inclusion in book||x|
|Inclusion in exhibition||x||x|
|Promoted on website||x||x|
|Promoted to online community||x||x|