The Sony World Photography Awards is the leading competition for photographers and artists working in photography. Made up of four competitions (Professional, Open, Student and Youth), all entries are free and the top prize is $25,000. The Awards are regarded as one of the world’s most prestigious photography competitions by elevating photographers’ careers – from established to emerging – since it started 16 years ago.
- Sony World Photography Awards 2023 open 1 June 2022, 13:00 (BST)
- Student competition closes 30 November 2022 13:00 (GMT)
- Youth competition closes 6 January 2023 13:00 (GMT)
- Open competition (including National & Regional Awards, Latin America National Awards and Alpha Female Award) closes 6 January 2023 13:00 (GMT)
- Professional competition (including Latin America Professional Award) closes 13 January, 2023 13:00 (GMT)
- Student and Youth competition shortlists, 19 January 2023
- National & Regional Awards, 7 February 2023
- Professional finalists and shortlist, 28 February 2023
- Open competition category winners and shortlist, 14 March 2023
- Overall winners, 13 April 2023
- Sony World Photography Awards 2023 exhibition opens at Somerset House, 14 April 2023
The objective of the Sony World Photography Awards is to establish a platform for the continuous development of photographic culture. The Awards do this by recognising great contributions to photography in the past through the Outstanding Contribution to Photography prize as well as finding new talents of the future and providing them with the opportunity to be promoted and exhibited around the world. Sony is commited to photographic culture by extending their relationship with individual winners beyond the Awards to develop the individuals’ careers.