"Winning the award helped secure more clients but, more importantly, my self-confidence as a photographer has certainly grown since the win."
- Kevin Faingnaert, winner of the 2017 ZEISS Photography Award
The third edition of the hugely popular ZEISS Photography Award is now open for entries. Photographers are asked to submit their best series of 5 - 10 images to the brief: 'Seeing Beyond - Untold Stories'.
Entries will be judged by a leading panel of photography experts: Chris Hudson (Art Director, National Geographic Traveller, UK), Patricia Morvan (Cultural Projects and Exhibition, Agence VU’, France) and Peter Bas Mensink (Publisher, GUP Magazine, Netherlands).
One winner and a shortlist of up to ten photographers will be announced. The winner will receive:
- €12,000 worth of ZEISS lenses
- €3,000 travel expenses to complete a photography project of their choice in the location of their choice
- A day at the ZEISS Headquarters in Germany including comprehensive lens training and a tour including the ZEISS museum
- Exposure across both World Photography Organisation and ZEISS platforms
- The winner will be flown to London to attend an award ceremony on April 19, 2018
Winning images, as well as selected shortlisted photographers, will be shown alongside the Sony World Photography Awards Exhibition at Somerset House in London, from April 20 - May 6, 2018. The winner is also invited to attend the opening of the exhibition.
The 2018 brief, "Seeing Beyond - Untold Stories", is intended to be understood in its broadest sense, and requires photographers to present a strong series of five-ten images that look beyond the ordinary and every day. Entries close February 6, 2018.